Header Ads

Terengganu MCA announces new candidate to stand in Bandar at next GE



"We have however in the past general election (GE13) had more than 60% of the Chinese votes. We also see the support towards MCA has been good. On our part, we have strengthen ourselves and also has the support of UMNO and other component parties"
KUALA TERENGGANU: In conjunction with the Chinese New Year, the Terengganu MCA took the opportunity to announce 47-year-old Toh Seng Cheng (pic) as its candidate for Bandar constituency at the next general election.
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/01/28/terengganu-mca-announces-new-candidate-to-stand-in-bandar-at-next-ge/#KSyAvpdKovW66oke.99

The announcement was made by state MCA chairman Datuk Toh Chin Yaw on Saturday.

Chin Yaw was also the previous Bandar two term assemblyman and state executive councillor (2004 -2013).

Chin Yaw said Seng Cheng's candidacy had been approved by MCA's top leadership and also Terengganu Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Razif Abd Rahman.

He said apart from being the MCA Kuala Terengganu division secretary, well educated and a director in a construction and development company, Seng Cheng has a good rapport with the public, be it with the Chinese community or the Muslims.

"We have however in the past general election (GE13) had more than 60% of the Chinese votes.

"We also see the support towards MCA has been good. On our part, we have strengthen ourselves and also has the support of Umno and other component parties," Chin Yaw told reporters after the Bandar constituency MCA open house.



Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/01/28/terengganu-mca-announces-new-candidate-to-stand-in-bandar-at-next-ge/#KSyAvpdKovW66oke.99